Monday, October 26, 2009

Coast Guard

Everything in my life thus far points in the direction of a military service. The other day we listened to a poem in class that made me realize that the Coast Guard is that service. I'm sure everyone has seen the "Guardian" with Aston Kutcher and Kevin Cosner; I've always particularly enjoyed the idea of saving lives. I love the dramatic scenes, thrills, and suspense in this film. I've been doing extensive research on the matter and my step father is retired navy, twenty years, so I've been well informed and already benefited from the military myself. I've decided to take the next step in my life and join the United States Coast Guard. Most of us in this class are looking for college educations, of course that why we are here, but is this a wise choice? I'm willing to take criticism from anyone who is willing to give it.

No comments:

Post a Comment