Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween at Work

October 31, celebration known as Halloween. I spent my evening at work. After arriving at 4:00 P.M. I did my normal tasks as instructed, and awaited an evening of mask-wearing, candy-hungry children. But this year was different unlike most. At the street-corner in front of our store stood a guy in protest of this celebration. At first I laughed and went on with my work. I felt the man has a right of freedom of speech and those who want to listen will, others will just ignore him. As customers entered the store I was able to make out some of what he was saying, the man protested that "If we were at God's feet tonight, what would we say?" I was appalled by the idea that the man was so offended by Halloween. Why would someone protest using the Lord, for a holiday celebration. So my Halloween had me thinking that there are people in this world who view even the simplest celebrations as being sinful.

No comments:

Post a Comment